Things that I still want to do in the near future even though I have taken little to no action on them to date:
- Spend at least two weeks and preferably two months doing Spanish immersion in Spain or South America.
- Take a tour of the South of France.
- Visit a bunch of Europe’s tiny states and principalities: Luxembourg, San Marino, Monaco, Andorra, and Lichtenstein, to be exact.
- Practice my French conjugation the way I used to in school, with drills and tables and such.
- Convert my ever-growing French vocab list (2,661 words and counting!) into an Anki deck.
- Read more than five pages of a book at any one time.
- Get back to running two or three times a week.
- Earn an income.
On the other hand…
Things that I have done in the recent past and/or am continuing to do in the present:
- Committed hundreds of new French words to memory.
- Learned my way around Paris. Though I still can’t keep the arrondissements straight and probably never will.
- Got out of town more than once, to bucket list places both near and far.
- Met a ton of new people.
- Started taking photographs with my video camera.
- Finished my first (small) paid assignment in Europe.
- Started my own documentary project, which can only be described as Grey Gardens, in Paris, with British people.
- Ate my weight in cheese.
Eight for eight: proof that for everything I have not done (yet!), I have done something else worthy. Because you know that my annoying brain is keeping score.
[The photo is from my documentary project.]